Monday, January 15, 2007

relax, take it easy


Flamboyant pop singer-songwriter MIKA has been named the best new talent in the BBC's Sound of 2007 music poll. The Beirut-born, London-based 23-year-old has been compared to the Scissor Sisters and Freddie Mercury. More than 130 UK-based music critics and broadcasters took part in the poll by naming their favourite new acts.

The first time I heard MIKA I was a little hesitant but the more I have listened to his newest CD Life in Cartoon Motion, it's grown on me. It's amazing how much this guy sounds like Freddie Mercury of Queen....the comparisons will be never ending. But regardless, he makes some crazy fun pop music. I can see this guy getting pretty popular over here. His music might be little much for some people....but I hope some of you enjoy it!

Grace Kelly (his first single)

Relax, Take It Easy

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! Shley!! I have been listening to Mika for a while now. He's number one on UK iTunes. I feel like I'm in sync with you now. (well maybe not totally in sync but close anyway.) YAY!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good quality pop music - maybe 2007 is the year :-)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Andrea Marie said...

no update for 2 weeks? you're a SLACKER!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been listening to Mika and i really adore it from now on! the music is very original and very refreshing:) Relax take it easy is also one of my favorites now! i really think we gonna hear a lot from this guy! i love it anyway:)

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home