Friday, December 08, 2006

Top Albums of 2006 - I

Top Albums's of 2006: #25-20 edition

So I have finally put together my list of my top 25 favorite CD's released in 2006. I've decided the best way to go about posting them is in increments of 5...so here we go folks. There are some you may hate and some you may love, but as with everything in life, it's just an opinion. Enjoy!



#25: Joshua Radin: We Were Here


I can't even remember how I first heard of Joshua, but I fell in love with his soft voice right away. He was played on Greys Anatomy many times this year, as were many artists on my list this year. Joshua gained a lot of popularity through Mr. Zach Braff as he was his newest obsession....and seen on the Last Kiss Soundtrack. Anyhow, Joshua makes pretty, but simple folk music and while his CD was nothing amazing, it was great background music for much of my 2006.

Only You


#24: The Frames - The Cost


The Frames are an Irish band who have been around for a number year with a slew of great releases. The Cost was released overseas this year and while it doesn't quite match up to some of their other albums, I still enjoyed it. The lead singer Glen Hansard put out a solo CD this year, which also made a spot on my list (a high one at that!). I have no doubt that while The Cost wasn't their greatest album, they have many more great ones in them.

Sad Songs



#23: Brett Dennen - So Much More


I just recently made an entry about Brett Dennen a few back, but his while his CD was a fun one, it seemed to get pushed back on my list for better releases from the year. Brett has been around since 2004, but this young west coast singer/songwriter was hidden until this year with So Much More. I actually heard him on the radio the other day and was shocked. This kid made some fun music in 2006 and it's clear he's not stopping anytime soon.

Ain't No Reason


#22: Ben Kweller - Ben Kweller


This is Ben Kweller's third album since 2002 and while it's not as strong as his 2002 release Sha Sha, I still loved it. Ben has said he played every single instrument on his self titled 2006 release, which in itself is pretty amazing. This guy is a talented musician who makes fun music...you can't go wrong with Ben.

Sundress


#21: Gomez - How We Operate


Gomez is one of those bands that I saw all over the internet for years, but somehow completely missed...or more than likely, ignored...which was a big mistake. While I have heard many people say this was their weakest release, it was my first Gomez CD, and I loved it. Songs from How We Operate seemed to be all over the TV and radio and rightfully so. They make rock music that both the casual music listened and music snob can enjoy. Great band, and a great CD.

See The World


#20: Piers Faccini - Tearing Sky


Piers was an artist that I found through the ITunes suggested artists page. Seems the kiddies over at Itunes have some great taste because this is a fantastic. Piers was just signed to Everloving Records, which is home to Jack Johnson and Joseph Arthur and he seems to fit right in with the family. Piers has a beautiful voice with some laid back tunes that are good for any kid of mellow day.

Days Like These




Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! I'm excited to see the rest of the list. :)

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home