Wednesday, November 08, 2006

if you would


So as I was browsing the magazine racks for some music mags, I came across Harp Magazine. Never seen it before so thought I would give it a try. Well, I must say...it blows all the rest out of the water. Fantastic articles and reviews on albums. Along with tons of ads for musicians I have not heard of, yet.

I saw an ad for a group called Califone and decided to browse on their Myspace, as I often to, to check out their music. Loved it after the first listen. I guess you could put them under folk/indie rock/experimental. But enough with the labels, just give them a listen.

This is a very original group who are really hitting their stride. They write interesting melodic songs, they've got brilliant ideas for arranging and production, and they've got the studio savvy to pull it all off in spectacular fashion.

I'm sold.

Spiders House

Sunday Noises

The Orchids

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home