Tuesday, November 14, 2006

we will make some shelter


So I have heard mention of Midlake on a few blogs and websites across the web, but it has been one of those bands that you see everywhere and somehow don't get a chance to listen. Well, it's about fucking time I did. Wow, these guys are awesome.

They have a bit of a 70's rock kind of feel to them, mixed with some current indie flavor. Tim Smith's vocal's will hook you in from the beginning. Their newest CD The Trials of Van Occupanther has not left my playlists since I got it. This one will be in my top 5 of 2006, no doubt.

Midlake might be stuck in the '70s, but they make it sound like the best place on earth.

Roscoe

Bandits

Young Bridge

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i so agree.
these guys are amazing........ once you find 'em!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home