Tuesday, May 26, 2009

with your insect skin and my lion's mane


The Maccabees are an English indie-rock band who have just released their sophomore album entitled Wall of Arms. This talented band has done it again with an album even better than their first. Fronted by the beautiful voice of Orlando Weeks, The Maccabees combine elements of indie rock/pop to make some honest and deeply personal tunes. The release has been compared to Arcade Fire's fantastic CD, Neon Bible...and while I see it, why always the comparisons people? I can already tell this album will be in the mix for weeks to come. It's perfect for a drive on a beautiful day...with the windows down and the music blasting.

Too long overlooked as ‘another indie band’ 'Wall Of Arms’ is the moment The Maccabees reach self-realization. This is the sound of burgeoning romance, unrequited love, chest beating passion and tranquil, all encompassing warmth. Sure to be one of the years finest releases. - Gigwise 4/21/09






want to get to know the band a little better? check out this documentary from 4Play:

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather nice place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post as for me. I'd like to read more about this matter. Thanx for sharing that data.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home